Frequently Asked Questions

Who We Are

Our Staff

Photo Gallery


What does the Area Agency on Aging do?

The AAA is a regional non-profit organization serving:

  • persons 60 years of age & older
  • persons who provide care for older adults
  • grandparents raising children
  • individuals with disabilities

The AAA works for older adults by:

  • representing their interests before public officials
  • assessing their needs & developing programs accordingly
  • administering federal & state funds in support of community-based services

Services provided by the AAA:

  • linking older adults & their families to local services
  • helping older workers seeking employment & training
  • advocates for residents of Long Term Care facilities

Where can I get help applying for the Benefit Access Program?

The AAA can refer you to a service provider in your area. Call toll free: 1-800-888-4456.

Where can I get help to repair my home or build a ramp?

All areas in the East Central Illinois area have Senior Information Service providers.

  • They can advise you about home repair, renovation, handicapped accessibility & assistive devices.
  • They provide information to help maintain seniors in the least restrictive environment.
  • Contact AAA at 1-800-888-4456 for your local Senior Information Service/Coordinated Point Entry provider.

My mother is moving here from another state. I have to work & cannot take care of her. Where can I find affordable housing with supportive services?

Each of our 16 counties has a Case Coordination Unit.

  • They have professionals who can consult with you & your mother about options for housing, in-home care, and assess current needs.
  • They will also assist in finding appropriate organizations to provide needed services.

Another resource in our area is Caregiver Advisor- They can advise you about your role as a family caregiver.

My father is being discharged from a nursing home against his will. Where can we turn for help?

The Long Term Care Ombudsman Program serves as advocates for residents in LTC facilities.

  • They can advise your father about his rights as a resident.
  • They will assist in filing the appeal of the involuntary discharge.
  • The Ombudsman program can be contacted at our toll free number (1-800-888-4456).

Get in touch


1003 Maple Hill Road
Bloomington, IL 61705-9327


Contact Us
Phone: 309-829-2065
Fax: 309-829-6021

Seniors may call toll free:
Phone: 1-800-888-4456

Opening hours

Mon-Fri: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm